FolksIT is providing the course of Dimensional Data Modeling Online Training in which you will learn about the management of a database. You will be able to store and retrieve data easily from a database. A data model consists of two types of tables which are fact tables and lookup tables. After pursuing the course you will be able to establish yourself as a data modeler or a data architect.
Dimensional Data Modeling Online Course Overview
Dimensional data modeling is a course which will help you to learn the procedure of creating a data warehouse. This will help in storing data easily in a database. The demand of dimensional modeling professionals has increased in the market so taking this training will be beneficial for you.
All the other freshers and professionals who want to make their career as data modeler or data architect can learn dimensional data modeling immediately from FolksIT. Expert instructors will teach you dimensional modeling in data warehouse with example so you will be able to understand the concept easily.
Dimensional Data Modeling Online Tutorial Key features
There are many features of this course and some of them are as follows.
- Learn about data modeling tools
- Get dimensional data modeling tutorial for reference
- Learn the usage of dimensional data modeling in data warehouse
- Know about data warehouse toolkit and the ways to work on it
- Complete the course and get data modeling certification
- Learn dimensional modeling concepts and techniques
- Overview of Data Architect Salary & market competition
Who can take Dimensional Data Modeling Training?
The course can be taken up by those people who are working in the field of data analytics. Besides this, people who want to work on star schema and design a data warehouse can also take up the course. Other people who can take the course are as follows.
- Data modelers.
- Data architect.
- Database administrators.
- Business analysts
- Professional Responsibilities
- Professional Boundaries
- An Engineer’s View
- Beware the Objection Removers
- What Does the Central Team Do?
- Avoid DW/BI Isolation
- Implementation Analysis Paralysis
- Understand Kimball Methodology
- Kimball Lifecycle in a Nutshell
- Think Critically When Applying Best Practices
- Low Risk Enterprise Data Warehousing guidelines
- Gathering Requirements
- Business Requirements
- Requirements Gathering Dos and Don’ts
- Surprising Value of Data Profiling
- Organizing around Business Processes
- Focus on Business Processes, Not Business Â Departments!
- Identifying Business Processes
- Business Process Decoder Ring
- Relationship between Strategic Business Processes Wrapping Up the Requirements and Business Initiatives
- Making the Case for Dimensional Modeling
- Is ER (Entity Relationship) Modeling Hazardous to DSS (Decision Support System)?
- A Dimensional Modeling Manifesto
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Bus Architecture
- Divide and Conquer
- Understand The Matrix
- The Matrix: Revisited
- Drill Down into a Detailed Bus Matrix
- Integration Instead of Centralization
- Integration for Real People
- Understand Data Stewardship
- Understand the need for Centralized Data Architecture
- Contrast with the Corporate Information Factory
- Differences of Opinion
- Business Intelligence and Normalized EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse)
- Basics of Dimensional Modeling
- Fact Tables and Dimension Tables
- Drilling Down, Up, and Across
- Myths about Dimensional Modeling
- Dangerous Preconceptions
- Fables and Facts
- What is Granularity?
- Declaring the Grain
- Keep to the Grain in Dimensional Modeling
- Types of Fact Tables
- Understand Fundamental Grains
- What is Factless Fact Tables?
- Parent-Child Fact Tables
- Patterns to Avoid When Modeling Header/Line
- Understand Item Transactions
- Fact Table Keys and Degenerates
- Fact Table Surrogate Keys
- Reader Suggestions on Fact Table Surrogate Keys
- Miscellaneous Fact Table Design Patterns
- Put Your Fact Tables on a Diet
- Keeping Text Out of the Fact Table
- Dealing with Nulls in a Dimensional Model
- Dimension Table Keys
- Surrogate Keys
- Keep Your Keys Simple
- Date and Time Dimension Considerations
- Understand Time in Dimension Table
- Surrogate Keys for the Time Dimension
- Latest Thinking on Time Dimension Tables
- Smart Date Keys to Partition Fact Tables
- Handling All the Dates
- Miscellaneous Dimension Patterns
- Data Warehouse Role Models
- Mystery Dimensions
- De-Clutter with Junk Dimensions
- Showing the Correlation Between Dimensions
- Causal Dimensions
- Resist Abstract Generic Dimensions
- Hot-Swappable Dimensions
- Accurate Counting with a Dimensional Supplement
- Slowly Changing Dimensions
- Perfectly Partitioning History with Type SCD
- What are Monster Dimensions?
- When a Slowly Changing Dimension Speeds Up
- When Do Dimensions Become Dangerous?
- Changing dimensions slowly is not easy
- Snowflakes, Outriggers, and Bridges
- A Trio of Interesting Snowflakes
- Help for Dimensional Modeling
- Managing Bridge Tables
- The Keyword Dimension
- Dealing with Hierarchies
- Maintaining Dimension Hierarchies
- Help for Hierarchies
- Five Alternatives for Better Employee Dimensional Modeling
- Alternate Hierarchies
Top Hiring Company
Dimensional Data Modeling Online Training FAQ’s:
There is a huge demand for the certified professionals who have pursued dimensional modeling in data warehouse course. Companies are giving good packages to the professionals.
There are no defined prerequisites for dimensional data modeling training and anybody can do the course. Having an overview of data warehousing and understanding of data modeling will be beneficial.
You will be provided access to a server and you can perform your practical classes and exercises.
Yes! You can ask any question and you can contact our technical team for the purpose.
In that case, a recorded video of the lecture will be provided to you.
Request More Information
Live Instructor-led classes
We would like to create the best learning and interactive environment for our learners as part of their online learning experience.
Expert & Certified Trainers
We have one of the best faculty, with our trainers having substantial real-time industry experience. And are proactive in providing you the best information.
Schedule your timings according to your convenience. No need to delay your daily work schedule.
Our learners are provided with real-time industry scenarios and also Industry-specific scenarios for practice and mock tests.
We provide our learners with online training videos and also have live training and practical sessions.
We provide round-the-clock assistance and we are yearning to solve your queries with help of our expert trainers.