- 21-Dec-2022 10:19 pm
- 54 Viewed
- 0 Comments
AI is a powerful technology that enables machines to think and decide like humans. This reduces the human effort in performing various tasks. Many companies adopting AI to increase their production and efficiency. Artificial Intelligence is playing a critical role in the development and future of every sector like Medical, information technology, financial services, sports, shopping, mobile apps, etc.
Artificial Intelligence Introduction
AI is touted to be the fourth industrial revolution. In this article, we will shed some light on the following topics.
- Beginning and evolution
- Inventions in AI
- Market Overview
Beginning and Evolution of AI
The idea has been prevalent from the 1800’s itself but it was confined to ideas, in works of fiction and philosophies. The idea took shape and the real surge or initiation happened in the 1950s by a British logician and computer scientist Alan Turing where he foresaw the idea of a computable machine that could think and perform the tasks on its intelligence for this he did extensive research and experimentation which later was known as Turing Test. His ideas on machine intelligence were based on chess which proposed methods of problem-solving and predicted that computers would one day play chess.
The term Artificial intelligence was coined by John McCarthy. The AI research was born in Darthmod college. The workshop attendees were claimed to be AI leaders for decades to come. The period from 1950 to the 1980s is the golden era of AI. Many projects like the Wabot project were built in 1967 this could measure distances and directions of objects using external receptors, artificial eyes, and ears.
The conversation system that was equipped would communicate in Japanese with an artificial mouth. In the 1980’s Artificial intelligence program known as the ‘Expert System’ was developed and adopted by many corporations. The expert system was capable of emulating the decision-making ability like a human expert. The expert system was designed to solve complex problems.
The 1990s also saw the rise in concepts of Artificial Intelligence. Intelligent agents were developed. In 1995 computer scientist Richard Wallace developed A.L.I.C.E a chatbot ( Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity). Also known as ‘Alicebot’ which is a natural language processing robotic program that converses with humans in electronic chat. Deep Blue, a chess-playing computer, was developed by IBM in 1997. It also won a chess game against a renowned world champion.
Recent AI Inventions
In recent years the technological innovations of Artificial Intelligence have been tremendous. The use of smartphones has voice assistants. Computers have intelligent functions. We will see some of the important innovations that have changed the world.
- In 2010, Microsoft launched Kinect for Xbox360. A gaming device that detects and tracks human body movement using a 3D camera and infrared detection.
- In 2011, Apple launched Siri, a voice assistant on Apple iOS. Siri uses a natural language user interface to answer and recommend things to its user. It adapts to the voice commands.
- Microsoft released Cortana, similar to Siri.
- Amazon launched Amazon Alexa, a home assistant that was developed into smart speakers, functioning as personal assistants.
- Google’s Driverless car named Waymo.
- Humanoid robot named Sophia was created by Hanson Robotics. She is recognized as a robot citizen. AI is used to communicate, make facial expressions, and image recognition.
- Google developed BERT. It’s the first bidirectional, unsupervised language representation that can be used for different natural language tasks.
- Samsung invented Bixby, a virtual assistant. Similar to Siri.
- Machine learning, an application of Artificial Intelligence (AI), focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it to learn for themselves. Learn Machine learning to upgrade the AI skills.
Future of AI
In the twenty-first century, AI techniques have experienced a resurgence with advances in technology. The amount of data that is consumed today needs to be sorted and used in the proper way. AI technologies are used to analyze and make them useful. With the onset of smartphones, the usage of AI has increased with a variety of applications. Usage of Artificial Intelligence is widespread with almost every industry adopting it. We will have some of the key industries where the AI impact is high.
AI has many advantages over traditional analytics and clinical decision-making. Learning algorithms are more precise and accurate to interact with training data to allow tremendous insights into diagnostics, treatment, and patient outcomes. AI will impact the development of the next generation of radiology tools. Images obtained from MRI scanners, CT scanners, and X-rays offer noninvasive visibility.
AI will enable radiology tools to be accurate and detailed enough to replace biopsies in a few cases. The increasing volume and given the complexities of healthcare data is one of the main reasons for the growing AI presence. Increasing health care costs, to expedite vaccine or drug development processes post Covid-19 is also the reason behind AI increasing presence in healthcare. The AI health market is USD 4.9 billion and expected to reach USD 45.2 billion with a growth rate of 44.9%
Many banking services are getting automated. The financial services sector has a lot of data to analyze and manage. Learning algorithms, managing money, and the stock market making important decisions by analyzing the data. Scanning transactional apps also use AI for recognition.
The amount to be transacted, face recognition, etc are the features of this technology. AI is used in different aspects of the financial sector Credit decisions, Risk management, fraud prevention, trading, and personalized banking. The cost savings for banks from AI application is projected to be $447 B 80 percentage banks know the potential benefits of AI
With many mobile applications on language, translations are real-time machine translation. AI is pushing to translate more languages, currently, machines can translate about 100 languages of 7000 languages in the world.
AI algorithms are making the online shopping experience hassle-free. These keep track of users' preferences and analyze them to suggest even better products and also to make sure the products are stocked up. This prediction helps the companies to increase profit as well as customer base.
Visual Search in E-commerce platforms
In this feature just take a photo of your product and upload it, the algorithms help in finding the same or similar one. Amazon has incorporated this feature in mobile applications.
Market Overview of AI
The Artificial Intelligence market is valued at USD 27.23 billion and projected to reach USD 266.92 billion by 2027 according to CAGR. With a growth rate of 33.2% according to CAGR. This growth is triggered by growing big data, cloud-based applications and services, and an increase in virtual assistants.
Job opportunities are also on the rise. With AI programmers being one of the highest-paid in the market. The average pay being $114K/yr according to Glassdoor.
Some Fun Facts about Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- AI has been transforming every major sector from transportation to cloud computing. Here are some of the fun and surprising facts of AI and its capabilities.
- AI in Movies: Al is already in the movie industry and has transformed it in a big way. Characters like Iron Man’s “Jarvis”, “Vision from Avengers”, “The Terminator”, and “Avatar” are the works of AI.
- AI invented a biological clock that can predict biological age with biomarkers. It can be used across different populations.
- AI Built Robots can have Citizenship, Saudi Arabia gave citizenship to the humanoid robot “Sophia”. She is the first-ever robot to get citizenship of any country and United Nations conferred a title (the Innovation Champion).
- AI processors. The alphabet parent company of Google has created a processor that works with AI and is called Tensor Processing Unit (TPU). To make its services like Gmail, Google Photos even smarter.
- Most of the Artificial Intelligence bots are Female.
- Artificial Intelligence is helping to fight cancer hugely. In oncology robotics applications contribution is immense. AI can help detect the early stages of cancer and its symptoms. AI can also predict which patients risk of getting back cancer even after recovery.
- Artificial Intelligence can predict natural disasters like earthquakes, and Volcanoes
- Artificial intelligence can restore vintage and damaged photos.
- AI can read the mind.
Therefore Artificial Intelligence (AI) is set to become smarter than Humans. Get faster updates regarding Online courses and technologies by visiting our platform regularly.
- About digital marketing 10 Min ago
- Best Data Visualization Tools (Free & Paid) 10 Min ago
- Big Data Analytics in Today’s World 10 Min ago
- Understanding Higher education in the USA 10 Min ago
- Future of Online Education in the 21st Century 10 Min ago
- Why JQuery training is important? 10 Min ago
- Content Management System (CMS) - Complete Guide 10 Min ago
- Spring Boot Training - Benefits & Things to learn 10 Min ago
- Web Design vs Web Development 10 Min ago
- Why Pega Certification? 10 Min ago
- Popular Mobile App Development Platforms 10 Min ago
- What is WordPress? 10 Min ago
- Complete Guide to Machine Learning 10 Min ago
- What is Quality Management? 10 Min ago
- Everything about Six Sigma Certification 10 Min ago
- Types of Agile Business Analyst certification 10 Min ago
- Benefits of AWS Database 10 Min ago
- What is Network Plus certification? 10 Min ago
- Everything about PySpark 10 Min ago
- What is ETL testing? 10 Min ago
- What is Informatica PowerCenter? 10 Min ago
- Importance of SharePoint 10 Min ago
- Overview of IOS Developer Training 10 Min ago
- What is QlikView? 10 Min ago
- Maximo Training 10 Min ago